Rezolution BB Guitar
The BB resonator guitar is based upon the 1930’s National El Trovador (which was actually built by Kay). They are fitted with National™ cones to give that true bottleneck sound, with all the volume and punch that you could possibly want, but with the warmth that a wood body adds to the resonator guitar sound.
The Rezolution resonator guitars have laminated tops and backs of aircraft grade Birch ply, topped with an overlay of the finish wood ( Std = Spruce top with Mahogany back).
The key to good resonator guitars is to hold the resonator cone as steady as possible, with a stiff guitar body. The sound will be dissipated and weak if the body is flimsy. In fact they have more in common with a speaker cabinet, in that respect!
The BB ( biscuit bridge ) and the SB (spider bridge) have fantastic “cone tone” and they are both LOUD! They are also great plugged in when fitted with the Headway pick up, mounted either routed into the underside of the biscuit on the BB or mounted into a biscuit and trapped against the under side of the spider on the SB.
|Specification - Dimensions ( mm / ~inch )|
|Phaedra||Pegasus||Phoenix||Mercury||Beltane||AB49||Rezolution BB||Rezolution SB|
|Body length||500||500||495||506||506||500||500 /||19||11/16||500|
|Scale length||630||630||650||650||736||860||647 /||25||1/2||647|
|Nut width||46.5||45.5||46||46||46.5||45.5||46-47 /||1||13/16-27/32||46-47|
Specification - Standard Materials & Options
|Top||European Spruce or Sitka Spruce|
|Back & Sides||Mahogany|
|Neck||Quarter sawn Mahogany with twin Carbon fibre inserts and two way truss rod|
|Fingerboard||Ebony bound with Ebony, so no fret ends showing !|
|Position/side Dots||Mother of Pearl (MOP) or Abalone|
|Purflings||bwbwb to front : bwbw to back|
|Frets||Dutch – Medium|
|Tuners||Gotoh butterbean slot-head; nickel or chrome as available.|
|Case||Hiscox Liteflite case inc in standard price|
|Pick ups (optional extra)||Headway (see Headway pickups on the Custom Guitar page )|
- Each guitar is individually handmade using the very highest quality materials and construction techniques.
- In addition to the above, this guitar can be custom built to your specification - please see the Custom Guitars page.
- Quarterman cones are becoming harder to get and once I have used up my current stock of them, I will be switching to cones produced by the excellent Paul Beard at Resophonic Outfitters.
- Model shown in the photo is a Custom Flamed Maple model.
- Footnote: – Resonator guitars should, more properly, be called Ampliphonic guitars, as termed by the Dopyera's, but 'Resonator' is now the generic term that has become commonly used.